Startup biotechnology company seeks a Lab Operations Associate assist in day-to-day laboratory operations at the company’s flagship site in the South Bay. This company is developing a proprietary technology platform targeting various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases. This well funded start-up offers an exciting environment where your input matters.
New grads will be considered.
Requirements for the Lab Manager:
- BS or MS in related scientific field
- 1+ years’ hands on experience working in an academic or scientific lab
- Experience or familiarity in laboratory protocol, safety, operational procedures
- Biosafety experience preferred
- A willingness to become proficient in sourcing, procurement, negotiating, and ordering lab reagents and/or equipment, while and building strong relationships with vendors
- Familiarity with operating, and routing fixing/maintaining lab equipment and/or dealing with technical vendors
- A willingness to learn and manage environmental health and safety (EH&S) and risk assessments
- Proactive mindset, self starter who anticipates issues before they arise and is able to solve unanticipated problems.
- A willingness to work in a professional manner, prompt, organized, proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to lead and direct othes
- Experience with one or more of the following preferred:
- Molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology, cell culture or other biological discipline