Lab Manager, Color Concentrates, Masterbatches
Summary: We are working with a company that is expanding their operations and starting a new Color Concentrate and Masterbatch business in Northeast Indiana. You will be a key part of their team, and will manage the lab and technical aspects of the operation. This custom manufacturer is looking for someone with laboratory experience and skills in custom color concentrate and masterbatch formulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage key development projects for customers and ensure timely completion.
- Ensure appropriate tests/QC checks are performed efficiently.
- Training and coaching of the technical staff.
- Ensure that all color concentrates and masterbatches are manufactured according to standard procedures and that all quality processes are followed.
- Involved with continuous improvement.
- Provide positive reinforcement and feedback to staff.
- Any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervision or management.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of technical experience in color concentrate manufacturing and/or masterbatch manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of color measuring equipment.
- Strong experience with various polymers and what pigments and additives are used to accomplish customer objectives.
- 3 years establishing test criteria for polymer physical characteristics and performance.
- Supervision experience preferred.