Setting: Medical Laboratory
Competitive Salary, DOE
Excellent Benefits Package
Location: Geneva, NY (Finger Lakes Region)
- Participates in the training and orientation of new employees. Periodically evaluates the orientation program to ensure that new employees can effectively assimilate into the work environment. Collaborates with other coordinators and supervisors to maintain an adequate departmental schedule.
- Participates in the preparation for regulatory surveys by maintaining accurate records of Quality Control, QAI, Preventative Maintenance and procedural review as it pertains to laboratory section. Ensures the timely and efficient ordering of section supplies. Ensures timely completion of special projects as assigned by the Medical and Administrative Laboratory Directors.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify, evaluate and take appropriate action to resolve problems (including contacts with service hot lines and representatives). Performs and evaluates QA/QC. Ensures the section staff follow departmental policies and procedures as outlined in the laboratory’s SOP manuals.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize workload in an efficient and timely manner to accomplish goals and objectives. Demonstrates ability to coordinate all section activities. Assists all laboratory and organizational personnel with questions, concerns and any technical issues in the area of expertise.
- Continuing Education – Participates in continuing education activities and ensures all staff within the laboratory section is scheduled and participate in all continuing education programs including organizational mandatory programs and departmental in-services. Ensures the completion of competency and proficiency requirements of all section staff. Ensures the successful performance of all proficiency testing within the laboratory section.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S. degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or meets requirements of NYSDOH.
NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license.