Our Client is interviewing for an Assistant Estimator that will learn more about the commercial construction industry and preconstruction process. This Junior Estimator will be instrumental in reviewing plans, take-offs, scopes, pricing, etc.
This company is one of the most reputable GCs in the Mid-Tn area. They have thrived in the construction market by doing what they promise and taking care of their people. Everything else takes care of itself with this approach.
They are a $50M commercial GC that specializes in design-build construction focused on environments in workplace, entertainment, dining, retail / shopping or worship facilities. From office space and fire halls, to greenways and restaurants, their projects cover public and private sectors and range in all sizes and scopes up to $50M+ projects.
They also are committed to incorporating environmentally sound principles in all projects and practices. This includes training their project management & Superintendent staff in green-building practices and LEED, minimizing construction waste and recycling materials on our job sites when practical, and installing solar panels, skylights and other energy-saving measures in our office.
- 2+ years of Estimating experience within remodel or new-construction commercial developments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Some knowledge of the estimating process via the Estimating/Preconstruction role.
- Familiar with scopes, take-offs or quantitative lump sum bid/estimating process to some degree
- Skilled in Estimating programs and have ability to master other software systems
- Assist in the bid / budget process including pricing, bid solicitation, subcontractor scope coordination and final bid assembly.
- Assist in the efforts to Estimate Commercial Construction projects to successful bid completion.
- Coordinate efforts with Operations and other estimators to help deliver final products to our clients.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Full Healthcare Insurance options provided
- 2 weeks Vacation + Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Flexible Schedule
- Close-Knit Family Culture with Very Established GC