Jr. AutoCAD ENGINEER (job description)
We have partnered with a Global Automotive Manufacturer in the Lima OH area to lead a search for their Jr. AutoCAD Engineer.
Summary of Position: This position includes responsibilities of drawing/designing/reverse engineering of auto parts using CAD program and maintaining quality systems that uphold industry standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily use of CAD – Create, Revise & Maintain drawings/prints for identified parts
- Disassemble OE parts
- Write NPF’s
- Inspection drawings
- Kit drawings
- Watermark drawings
- Perform measurements of parts, comparing to developed print.
- Assemble new tooled parts, checking for fitment and function.
- Cross Training of purchasing OE parts
- Daily Engineering duties
- Support IMDS: Submissions & Part weights
- Computer Skills: Proficient with CAD, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point.)
- Mechanical Amplitude: ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles to solve problems. Understanding and ability to perform assembly of parts/fitment tests.
- Technical Amplitude and background: with understanding and/or hands-on experience
- Communications Skills: Must be able to work on projects with other engineers/departments
- Attention to Detail: Must have excellent visual design sense regarding clear and accurate presentation of prints/material and information. Aptitude for drawing detail understanding of tolerances
- Math Skills: Must have excellent math skills and ability to measure parts precisely.
- Tool and Measuring device use: understanding and ability to perform measurement tasks with Caliper, height gage, computers, etc.
- Two-year degree preferred, and/or Computer Aided Drafting Certificate
- Minimum 0–1-year experience in a CAD Operator role
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the CAD program
- Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback
- Auto parts experience a plus