The JDE Business Analyst- Manufacturing Operations Lead will provide vision, leadership and drive the processes changes within the operations and manufacturing processes. A successful person in this role will participate in strategy planning activities, and be the functional leader in the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, and testing for all manufacturing system enhancements and changes in J.D. Edwards.
The Nuts and Bolts
· Work closely with other business units in the development of simplified/lean process improvements or operating practices which best utilize the systems to improve quality; increase productivity; and supports business goals.
· Develop peer, cross-functional & cross-business unit relationships to maximize best practice sharing & team effectiveness.
· Functional training and coordinating the on-going functional support, including, but not limited to the development of BU “super users.” Prepare user documentation and participate in end-user training
· Own issue / risk identification, escalation, resolution and communication with the project team and functional management including Business unit functional leaders.
· Assure conformance to system architecture, methods, standards & practices & promote their creation.
· Coordinate manufacturing system change requests and/or JD Edwards patches/bug fixes with the corporate teams. Ensure proper BU testing and communication of any systemwide financial changes prior to implementation.
· Manage testing activities to refine and debug programs
· Analyze business operations to determine opportunities to automate business processes and functions; Define and document project objectives and business requirements to be translated into functional specifications for systems development and new technology
· Customer Management & Communication: Responsible for serving as liaison between business community and IT development team to provide technical solutions to meet business needs that enhance the enterprise’s competitive advantage
· Reporting: Monitor and summarize progress of project and prepare and distribute status reports
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Information Systems.
· 3 – 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst in a manufacturing environment
· Proven record of accomplishment in implementing change.
· Ability to develop SQL queries as needed to support data collection and reporting.
· Drive to continue to learn and grow in the use and application of JD Edwards Citizen Developer Tools as well as other third-party reporting and analytical tools.
· Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others across multiple teams.
· Experience with JDE data structure and user interface highly desired
· JDE E1 Distribution Module experience
· JDE E1 Manufacturing Module experience
· Automotive experience a plus
Big company perks with small company culture: