My client is in the process of standardizing all nine operating subsidiaries on JD Edwards (JDE). This position will be the Manufacturing Accounting, Product Costing, and Distribution Accounting lead and JD Edwards subject matter expert, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Applications.
Locations: Houston, TX; Elkhart, IN; Sturgis, MI; Reading, PA; Norcross, GA; or West Chester, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide vision, leadership and drive the processes changes and improvements within the financial functions.
• Participate in strategy planning activities, and be the functional leader in the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, and testing for all financial system enhancements and changes.
• Work closely with the BU’s functional representatives in the development of simplified/lean process improvements or operating practices which best utilize the systems to improve quality; increase productivity; and supports business goals.
• Develop peer, cross-functional & cross-BU relationships to maximize best practice sharing & team effectiveness.
• Responsible for the timely completion of project tasks and activities within functional area by directing activities of others as well as maintaining individual project responsibilities.
• Responsible for the development of the functional training and coordinating the on-going functional support, including, but not limited to the development of BU “super users”.
• Act as the functional change agent by creating a sense of purpose to meet the goals of the business & leading by example.
• Own issue / risk identification, escalation, resolution and communication with the project team and functional management including BU functional leaders.
• Assure conformance to system architecture, methods, standards & practices & promote their creation.
• Analyze the BU’s competitive position in the use of technology in relation to industry best practices.
• Prepare, present & review overall plans, status reviews and reports as required by project and with BU responsible.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Systems.
• 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst in a manufacturing environment, automotive experience a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience with J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP System with strong knowledge/experience with the Manufacturing Accounting and Product Costing.
• 5+ years’ experience in setting up Manufacturing Automatic Accounting Instructions (AAI) and Distribution Automatic Accounting Instructions (DMAAI).
• Proven record of accomplishment in implementing change.
• Strong Data Analytic skills including the ability to develop SQL queries as needed to support data collection and reporting.
• High level of initiative and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload and work in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently, identify priorities and work successfully with minimal supervision.
• Drive to continue to learn and grow in the use and application of JD Edwards Citizen Developer Tools as well as other third-party reporting and analytical tools.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others across multiple teams.
• Quality and cost driven.
• Ability to travel 60-70% of the time to domestic locations for rollout of JD Edwards over the next two years, 20-25% travel after that.