The IT Service Desk Associate is responsible to deliver IT Services for locations and users in their territory according to procedures defined by the IT Service Desk Manager and the directions and guidelines set by the Infrastructure team. You will also act as a backup for other IT Service Desk associates. Some light travel will be required to support remote locations and to participate in IT group meetings periodically.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide (24×7) Level 1&2 support including provisioning, maintaining, administering, troubleshooting and issue resolution of reported incidents and other requests for supported infrastructure technologies & devices across the enterprise. On-call support every 7 weeks.
- First Level Support:
- Ensures that all incidents or requests (services or changes) are appropriately logged
into tracking system to create a ticket
- Defines steps to assign the appropriate individual or team to the resolution of tickets
- Monitors the timely resolution of tickets and keeps the requester informed
- Closes the ticket when the requester is satisfied with the resolution
- Second Level Support:
- Resolves all ticket that can be resolved immediately in a timely fashion
- Escalates unresolved ticket to backup or third level
- Deploy client personal technology; mobility devices, hardware/software installs on
new or upgrades to existing workstations
- Provides desktop support to end-users of PC, voice, mobility devices, server, wiring
or mainframe applications, and hardware for local, off-site and/or remote locations
- Consult with vendor support partners to resolve issues
- Third Level Support. In his or her areas of expertise, the IT Service Desk Technicians will:
- Prepares internal procedures
- Cross trains other IT resources
- Performs all necessary periodic operative and administrative activities required to maintain a high quality service to IT’s customers
- Participate in Project Moves/Business as Usual Moves and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure support and networking activities.
- A+ Networking, MCP, MCSE and CCNA certification preferred but not required.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient customer service skills, verbal communication, written, analytical, and problem solving skills in order to effectively and efficiently resolve basic user problems found in his or her support region.
- Experience with Windows based networks and servers.
- Experienced with TCP/IP network and telecommunication technology (wired and wireless).
- Experience with POTS, PBX and VoIP voice and videoconference systems.
- Proficient with M365, SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policy and Deployment