– Serve as the primary on-site IT professional and escalation point to ensure the network, software applications, and hardware are functioning properly.
– Manage and mentor the Help Desk Coordinator, supporting them in tracking, prioritizing help desk tickets in the system.
– Maintain and support peripheral electronic equipment such as phone systems, mobile devices, printers, building security system, camera system, and other equipment.
– Define and implement a systems architecture strategy to optimize and coordinate core business systems for the success of the company.
– Document, test, and modify systems based on user specifications.
– Install and configure new computers, servers and other IT equipment.
– Research and learn new software related to the business.
– Create and standardize IT policies and procedures to build and maintain a stable, reliable network environment.
– Work with manufacturing staff to ensure proper communication of machines.
– Be available for infrastructure projects (late nights, weekends as needed).
– Work with vendors to add/modify services and renewal quotes.
– Maintain server and network backups
– Bachelor’s Degree is required
– Minimum 5 years of experience in a System or Network administrator/engineer role
– Advanced networking expertise managing windows servers, firewalls, exchange server experience
– 2 years of VMware (vCenter and ESXI) and VPN experience
– 2 years of Microsoft 365 administration, Active Directory, and SQL server experience
– 1 year of Veeam Backup experience
– 1 year of VOIP experience
– Helpdesk ticketing system experience is essential
– Self-starter with a positive attitude and a team player
NICE TO HAVE:
– A+ and Network + Certification preferred
– An understanding of how core business systems work together to find opportunities for improvement
– Exposure to Cybersecurity principles
– Experience with corporate ERP systems
This is a direct hire position with no visa sponsorships available and no contract positions available. Local candidates are preferred for this role, please consider that before applying. Resumes with the skills listed in this job description get faster responses.