Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. This is managing the function, not people. This position requires 50% domestic travel to multiple facilities in the US.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Advise company objectively on where IT might make a difference to the business.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and provide technical support to computer users.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations, detect errors and analyze and recover systems.
- Monitor set up of hardware/equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, networks, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Manage crisis situation and monitor security of all technology, advice staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status, and input and maintain IP addresses.
- Test and modify systems to ensure that that they operate reliably and schedule system upgrades.
- Provides hardware and software maintenance, and regularly troubleshoots systems to maintain performance and system throughout.
- Provide orientation to new users, and train and consult current staff on existing and new technology.
- Monitor current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Propose the management about purchase of technology resources and order computer parts.
- Provide network access to all staff based on the requirements, with secure access for remote users, provide network accounts and passwords as required, and guide them in internet applications and security.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- MUST be willing to travel domestically 50% between multiple facilities
- 7+ years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required in Information Technology field.
- Experience in an industrial setting such as manufacturing, logistics, warehouse/distribution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects and their shifting schedules and changing priorities.
- Manage multiple assigned tasks and prioritize work in order to accomplish most critical task first and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.