Our client is a $20 billion global leader in the production and distribution of food and beverage products across the U.S. and 19 countries worldwide. They have been in business over 50 years and have 30K plus employees.
Outstanding benefits include
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10K annually
- Multiple health insurance plans including one with ZERO employee contributions. plus Dental and Vision.
- Maternity leave at 100% salary replacement, STD, heath, day care and commuter expense reimbursement accounts.
- 401K plan with generous employer match along with a competitive Paid Time Off plan.
This role will travel 25% and is a hybrid role that requires 2-3 days in office when not traveling.
This position reports to the Senior Audit Manager.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn and enjoys improving processes, as the Internal Audit department is a collaborative team where opinions are valued and new ideas are always encouraged. Audit programs are never a final product, so we rely on our team to continuously improve our procedures. This is a great opportunity for a candidate wanting to make a difference at a growing organization, dedicated to being a leader in food and beverage distribution.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Participate in audit risk assessment, audit planning, and audit program development
- Participate in and execute operational audits, as well as occasional financial, and compliance audit testing
- Audit participation activities include: development of audit plans, interviewing stakeholders and documenting business processes in narratives or flowcharts, identifying associated internal controls or lack thereof through control design analysis and process walk throughs, and executing tests to assess and conclude on the operating effectiveness of processes and associated controls.
- Preparation of reports documenting process and control deficiencies identified in audit findings that include a description of the business risks and impact and recommended management action plans to mitigate those risks
- Discuss and confirm audit finding accuracy and work with business stakeholders (various levels) to develop actions plans to mitigate the risks identified
- Monitor and evaluate the remediation status of previously issued audit findings
- Evaluate policies and procedures and propose changes as needed
- Participate in multiple time-sensitive, high-risk projects while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Support the external audit team by performing procedures for the annual financial audit
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-3 years of internal audit, public accounting, consulting experience or relevant business operational experience (e.g., inventory management)
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple audits independently and without direct managerial oversight Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel up to 25% annually (a small percentage may be international travel)
- Ability to multi-task between different projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- CPA, CIA, and/or CFE certification
- Experience in performing analytics over various types of data
- Experience with data analysis software is a plus (IDEA, Tableau, ACL, Cognos, Power BI, etc.)