The Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the Intellectual Property group and is responsible for providing administrative support in a collaborative team environment. The IP Administrative Assistant must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team, providing the highest attention to detail, as well as professionalism. Prior patent and trademark prosecution experience, including domestic foreign, and electronic filing experience is highly preferred.
- Prepare patent applications and prosecution documents including amendments, responses, Information Disclosure Statements, and appropriate transmittal forms during all stages of patent and trademark prosecution for attorney review.
- Prepare communication regarding progression of prosecution of cases in portfolio.
- Review and manage docket, providing updated information to attorneys. Update docketing department regarding actions taken.
- Prepare client matter request forms for submission to docket department for new cases.
- Prepare legal documents and general correspondence from dictation or written format in an accurate and timely manner; draft standard correspondence; proofread, edit, and format documents.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper document files.
- Manage and coordinate attorney calendars, scheduling, and travel plans.
- Input time entries accurately and efficiently into the firm’s timekeeping system.
- Attend to other administrative tasks including client bills, mail, check requests and expense reports.
- Act as a back up as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 3 years of Administrative Assistant experience required
- At least 1 year of Intellectual Property experience in a law firm or other legal department preferred
- Experience with PCT filings and e-filings.
- Experience with domestic and foreign documents.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing deadlines and priorities in an effective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm.