INNOVATION PROCESS ENGINEER / MANUFACTURING R&D
$110,000-135,000 Salary + Bonus + OT + Paid Relocation
- Implements, modifies, and maintains production processes for projects of high complexity. Plans and execute tests of new and existing equipment and technologies to ensure products can be manufactured in the company or external manufacturing partners.
- Generate, document and execute a plan to select and/or develop technology (e.g., order of addition, chemical interactions, processing parameters, processing equipment) including managing dynamic timelines, in order to meet the project’s specific objectives (e.g., improve quality, deliver new products, optimize processes).
- Create technology transfer documentation for cross functional technical communication and training purposes during commercialization
- Work with Engineering to develop and optimize design requirements / scope for unit operations and equipment associated with innovative forms or processing technology
- Conduct field tests to gather data (e.g., processing capability, equipment needs, formulation restriction) in order to improve manufacturing feasibility, product performance, sustainability and/or product quality. Supervise plant trials or production start-ups.
- Prepare and continuously update document(s) (e.g., technical notebook(s), SOPs, trial protocols) in order to define a project, establish expectations and gain support.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and instrumentation and makes recommendations for capital improvements. Provides leadership on R&D strategy development for innovation projects and new product forms.
- Works creatively upfront with the Innovation Team and Product Development to generate ideas that have clear, sustainable pathways to manufacturing with minimum capex.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years’ experience in Research & Development, Manufacturing or Engineering with at least 3 years of relevant laboratory and CPG industry experience
- Working knowledge of statistics and Design of Experiments, ability to produce Block and Process Flow Diagrams for new processes
- Experience with scale up from lab to pilot plant to commercial scale physical requirements, significant amount of time at lab bench or pilot plant and able to prepare own batches within the pilot plant
– Strong communication skills
– Able to understand why certain specs are in place, push boundaries and communicate them
– Value diversity on this team if the right candidate is there to project that
– Mechanical background would be very valuable
Filing of patents would be nice to see, show’s innovation. Some have that intuitive instinct, entrepreneurial mindset and spirt