Responsible for providing technical support within the Molding Department to ensure all requirements of reliability, quality, and performance are met in accordance with company, industry and customer specifications.
Tasks / skills:
• Provide technical support for mold tooling, molding compounds and machinery.
• Sound verbal and written communication skills. Experience in interacting with customers and suppliers to represent the company on a technical and professional level.
• Review tooling designs and provide DFM for feedback.
• Work with customers and tooling suppliers to design, develop, construct, trial, approve and deliver new injection mold tooling, including adherence to timing plans.
• Assist with the improvement of product quality and scrap reduction.
• Assist with monitoring and optimizing cycle times.
• Prepare estimates for new tooling and design changes.
• Develop and/or update tooling specifications for the RFQ process.
• Document/report mold preventative maintenance and repairs.
• Assist with the creation of work instructions for mold setters and operators.
• Optimize changeover times through SMED.
• Experience with robotics, programming and end-of-arm tooling.
• Experience with hot runners / valve gate sequencing / cores.
• Knowledge of plastics technology including screws & barrels, material drying and delivery systems, temperature control units and other auxiliary equipment.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings following GD&T guidelines. Support Six Sigma and 5S projects
Education / experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an injection molding environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Project