Seeking an ambitious technical sales professional to expand a strong base of business near Rochester, NY for an innovative water treatment and environmental services company. As an Industrial Sales Engineer you will call directly on a variety of industrial customers such as Power Generation plants, Chemical Processing facilities, and other Industrial and Manufacturing customers within a defined territory. Prior experience selling technical products such as capital equipment, instrumentation & controls, chemicals, or other industrial supplies to these target markets is preferred. Prior experience with boilers, cooling towers, condensers, industrial process water, or membrane filtration equipment is a plus.
This position offers flexibility to live anywhere in the Rochester or surrounding area and will operate out of a home office. Very little to no overnight travel is required. Compensation includes a very attractive base salary, uncapped sales commissions, company car, and comprehensive benefits. Relocation assistance to the area is available for outstanding candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sell water treatment specialty chemicals and capital equipment solutions directly to Industrial customers within a 2-3 hour radius around Rochester.
- Secure long-term equipment leasing agreements and service contracts when possible.
- Evaluate fresh water intake equipment and other process water conditions for possible treatment solutions.
- Develop leads, prepare target account lists, and conduct sales calls at industrial plant locations.
- Develop short-term and long-term sales goals for company products.
- Leverage inside sales and marketing teams to generate leads and to build sales pipelines.
- Lead the development and delivery of commercial proposals and customer presentations.
- Use technical skills to evaluate site and project scope details and gather field data.
- Travel as needed within the defined territory to drive new growth.
- B.S. in Engineering or Technical field.
- 3+ years of direct Sales, Applications Engineering, or Field Service experience with Industrial or Manufacturing customers.
- Prior sales or service experience with capital equipment systems, specialty chemicals, filtration systems, instrumentation & control packages, or other technical products.
- Have prior customer-facing experience within three (3) or more of the following industries: Food & Beverage, Power Generation, Automotive, Primary Metals, Mining, Oil and Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, Chemical, Municipal, Manufacturing, and/or Pulp & Paper.
- Consultative, problem-solving sales/service approach with strong relationship management skills.
- Clear track record of high achievements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.