What you will do:
The Industrial Engineering team within Wichita, Kansas is growing! The team is looking to hire 5 Industrial Engineers at all levels!
Our company is looking for a detail-oriented industrial engineer to monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The industrial engineer’s responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for facilitating lean activities within the plant or a portion of the plant. Through implementation of specific action plans, training and advocacy, the incumbent will help to influence the organization to a new culture. They will demonstrate success through increased plant operational metrics performance. In addition, the Industrial Engineer will be responsible for using the processes, measurements, standards, and efforts available with the primary focus areas of lean and continuous improvement.
How you will do it:
- To be successful as an industrial engineer you should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high product quality.
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
- Identifies waste and opportunities for the business to improve in (among others by using Lean principles and methodologies), as well as reporting and celebrating past successes in these areas from a business perspective.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or engineering degree
- 1 + years of industrial engineering experience (internships, co-ops, or industry experience)
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards
- Proficiency in MS Office and Autocad
- Time studies, calculating Capacity, Labor models
- knowledge of Takt time, flow production, Kanban and Load leveling
- Ability to run Kaizen events
- Experience in Toyota Production System principles and culture