Are you a new Industrial Engineering graduate looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in your career? Do you enjoy seeing the manufacturing process, getting deeply involved, and recommending improvements? If this sounds like a fit for you, please read on.
Manufactures a complete system of collapsible containers and pillow tanks to handle the temporary storage, transportation, and delivery of drinking water, fuel, liquid food products, and fluid solids (grains, rice, etc.).The incredible mobility of our fluid delivery system makes it possible to take fluid cargo, in quantities ranging from 55 gallons to 5,000 barrels (225,000 gallons), to the most remote areas, under extreme temperatures and rough handling. We are known for our superior standards of performance and service. Our quality control standards follow the military of the U.S. Department of Defense, and our reject rate is 0% for every item produced-we pride ourselves on producing reliable products that will perform when needed.
The person we are looking for has a high drive and attention to detail and enjoys working closely with production employees on the manufacturing floor. In this role, you can increase your knowledge of many aspects of the business and make recommendations based on the information and data you gather. You will work on a variety of projects that improve our business in the areas of operations, data management, and systems.
The Industrial Engineer identifies, develops, justifies, implements, and follows up on projects designed to improve safety, quality, and productivity and reduce the overall operating cost for all facilities. You will gather and analyze manufacturing data to evaluate and improve current manufacturing processes. Job responsibilities include:
- Monitor operations to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Design efficient production processes and workflows. Collaborate on writing work instructions.
- Validate that processes are designed to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Reduce waste and address production issues.
- Establish standards for machine performance and quality.
- Review production processes and specifications.
- Evaluate data to implement technological improvements in production processes.
- Implement controls to monitor costs and minimize production issues.
- Works with other departments to develop and design production standards.
- Design facility layout and personnel requirements concerning production operations.
- Help to establish instruction manuals for production personnel.
- Ensure that work processes are safe and address safety issues and concerns.
- Generate process documentation and reports.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Provide ideas for mechanical machine improvements.
- Assist management in writing capital appropriations for projects and equipment.
- Investigate, test, and implement new technology into plant operations.
- Find ways to lower setup and process-related costs of operation methods.
Industrial Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards in the field or industry.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing.
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Just In Time (JIT) strategizing.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of ergonomics.
- Project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Adept at using presentation software and presenting complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
Industrial Engineer Education & Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering.
- Entry to three years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as Industrial or Process Engineering.
Work Hours & Benefits
- Monday – Friday, 7 AM – 5 PM
- Medical, Denial, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan