The role of an In-House Language Facilitator/Communications Specialist is crucial for both the initial startup and ongoing operations of the company. This position plays a vital role in successfully overseeing the implementation of local production plans.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of the Manufacturing Department and the Senior Coordinator of the Manufacturing Group, the Interpreter/Translator will utilize their language skills to foster effective communication and mutual understanding between Japanese employees and their American counterparts. They will also provide support in coordinating the communication process and offer guidance to contracted interpreters to enhance overall interpreting efficiency.
- Conduct interpretation in various settings to facilitate effective communication and understanding between Japanese and American team members during the establishment of a new North American plant.
- Build a comprehensive glossary by actively seeking clarification and acquiring technical terms through translation and interpretation assignments.
- Assist and mentor fellow interpreters/translators who are new to the job, helping them improve their interpreting skills.
- Translate company documents and records, including company rules and standards.
- Proactively visit work sites to resolve any questions or concerns that arise during interpretation/translation assignments.
- Collaborate with supervisors to provide bilingual support in accordance with their directives, such as interpreting critical messages during meetings to avoid misunderstandings.
- Demonstrated experience living and working in the United States.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a keen eye for detail and excellent time management abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) for document translation.
- Willingness to travel for business purposes, including overnight stays, as required.
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends based on business needs.
- Ability to adapt to different time zones as required by business demands.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese languages.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call