Import Manager/Licensed Customs Broker – Akron, OH
The individual would manage the import, Custom’s compliance, and logistic process and ensure compliance with corporate initiatives and all local, state, federal, and foreign government laws and regulations.
- Oversee the completion of paperwork and transactions associated with importation, storage and domestic distribution, in a timely manner.
- Streamline and improve processes and costs, as needed.
- Negotiate with brokers, forwarders, truckers, vendors, clients or handle issues with Customs or other government officials.
- Work closely with operations, sales, merchandising and accounting departments.
- Understand and maintain all cost data of import and distribution of products, alert executive management of issues, proactively.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Occasional travel required.
- LCB and or Certified Customs Specialist helpful.
- Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Full-Time, in-office. This is not a remote work-from-home position.