Reporting the Human Resources Director, the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with our Midwest/eastern region company managers in assuring the smooth and efficient delivery of HR processes, policies and services. Duties will include coaching manager, anticipating needs in the areas of employee relations, hiring, on-boarding, communication and training. Corporate functions include on-boarding of newly acquired entities, championing our social media presence, deployment of strategic HR initiatives and streamlining recruiting methods for the organization.
For assigned region(s)
- Conducts HRBP 1:1’s with supervisors and managers, acting as trusted partner, confidant, and coach.
- Responds to employee relations issues for supervisor and managers.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for existing and open positions, aligning job descriptions
- Full-cycle recruiting as needed including job posting, screening, interview coordination, background checks and on-boarding and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and deliver human resource programs including, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
- Assists with development of corporate, department and individual training
- Facilitates and/or delivers compliance training as needed
- Helps to compose and distribute written communication to employees on a variety of topics: benefits, policy updates, COVID protocols, etc.
- Help facilitate employee engagement and team buildings activities
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Develops plans for new hire orientation
- Compose and distribute written communication to employees on a variety of topics: benefits, policy updates, COVID protocols, etc.
- Oversee employee Paid Time Off including adjusting, answering questions, running reports.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Assures HRIS and data reflects accurate state of company and employees
- Assures complex and/or sensitive matters are brought to the appropriate staff.
- Helps in the development of employee engagement and team buildings activities
- Champions the social media and branding messages by working closely with marketing
- Builds plan for the standardization of full-cycle recruiting
- Works with new employees that come to the company through acquisitions, and helps to develop standardized on-boarding and communication
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors,
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, payroll, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director
- Proven experience working in HR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Previous experience preparing and processing employee payroll
- Previous experience administering employee benefits, including Open Enrollment
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years of human resource experience
- Minimum three years of payroll/benefits experience
- SHRM certification a plus.