Responsible to safely operate asphalt plant to batch materials used in construction. Moves controls on panel board or control board to heat, dry and mix ingredients such as asphalt, sand, stone and oil to produce asphalt paving materials. Ensure conformance to quality specifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School or GED plus higher trade or technical school or equivalent in related field
- Plant maintenance & operation
- Electrical knowledge
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained, conduct toolbox meetings daily/weekly.
- Safely and properly operate plant. May be required to operate additional company vehicle during plant tear down, moves and set up.
- Identify appropriate material to produce quality asphalt material per job specifications.
- Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends.
- Monitor inventory levels of all mix materials (aggregate, oil, cement powder, fly ash, etc.)to ensure no depletion during production demand.
- Monitor production levels and adjust production as needed
- Schedule trucks & start times, communicate with operations supervisor prior to loading trucks
- Tear down, set up and calibrate plant
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written); Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Lead personnel at plant and work with dispatch to schedule drivers. Monitor plant site to ensure safe and efficient traffic flow.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
- Accurately complete plant reports and other documentation as needed.
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance. Maintain safe working environment and foster safety culture, ensure good housekeeping skills and lockout/Tagout procedures. When needed, accompany employee to medical facility when injured and manage work comp claim by working closely with medical provider on treatment plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.