Position: Horticulture / Greenhouse Sales Leader
Location: North America
Early stage European company selling chemical solution into the controlled agriculture environment, needs to hire the individual who will beachhead sales into the U.S. and Canada.
Individual you will be responsible for sales and business development into the segments of the agriculture greenhouse environments but also; controlled-climate growing environment food crops, high wire vegetables, floriculture, vertical farms, cannabis, young plants, and plant nurseries, as well as precision-irrigated high value crops in tunnels and open fields.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual that has a broad agriculture selling background from irrigation to chemicals, to connect the nutrient aspects of growing with the benefits that the company’s technology provide.
- Be responsible for achieving sales targets in the N. American Horticulture Market.
- Focus on direct sales to end users of high-end nutrients
- Identify and structure relationships with channel partners, agents and distributors that can help achieve sales targets.
- Coordinate all activities needed to advance sales opportunities, while working closely with product management, supply chain and marketing efforts.
- Account planning (forecasting and order-portfolio) and keeping the account profile up to date.
- Own the client relationship and be a strong customer advocate by understanding customer needs and communicating those internally to management.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of horticulture production, in a controlled growing environment, with specific knowledge of precision irrigation and irrigation water treatment.
- Provide market intelligence by monitoring customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agriculture Engineering, Plant Biology, Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- Relevant horticultural industry experience in sales/customer relations management, or business development in the controlled growing environment sectors.
- Experience selling advanced technology systems / solutions into greenhouses (precision irrigation / fertigation / climate control systems, etc.).
- History of successful selling and credible job history / transition
- Pre-existing relationships with greenhouses, distributors, consultants, and greenhouse construction firms.
- Experience developing business and executing sales plans with strategies to acquire, grow, and keep relationships with targeted customers.
- Technical growing knowledge of crops and irrigation techniques in the controlled growing industry.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets, functional databases, CRM, enterprise wide software applications, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Able/willing to travel ≥ 50%
- English required / Spanish (plus)