Heavy Highway Field Engineer
The Field Engineer is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standard
- 1-3 year’s construction heavy highway, roadway bridge construction support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Interface with all on-site departments as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality construction, in order to support overall project schedule.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- May supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
- Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.