A General Superintendent, someone capable of overall leadership for maintaining a safe workplace, on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors and other construction personnel. Establish budgets before construction begins, set well defined quality standards for each project. Developed, implemented, maintained and enforced a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program.
- 5 years working as a General Superintendent
- Work experience in NC/SC area
- Directly supervise employees.
- Manage the coordination of all the site equipment, labor, and materials as well as program in time deliveries of material with Office Engineer
- Constant contact with the PM to ensure schedule, cost, and production is met and to anticipate management required with other third parties
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- At least 10+ years previous recent heavy highway, road, and bridge construction experience
- Medium to large heavy highway, road project experience ($10M+) is required
- DOT Experience required