Hardware Engineering Manager
Job Summary of Hardware Engineering Manager
Our client, a developer of advanced embedded computing systems in the Las Vegas area, is looking for a Hardware Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading a group of multi-disciplinary engineering Support and Debug engineering teams (manufacturing support and DVT and debug/board bring up). You’ll be overseeing a team of around 30 hardware engineers in US/Taiwan/India. It will be a mix of design, validation, and support engineers working on next-generation products.
This company has been going through significant growth and continue to expand their team as a result. This is a good time to join as a key member for determining their ongoing development.
Responsibilities of Hardware Engineering Manager
- The Engineering manager will lead the DVT / Debug Engineering and Production support Teams and will coordinate and assign priorities for their tasks based on Manufacturing and customer support activities.
- Will maintain daily updates on team progress and change activities and priorities as needed in order to achieve target goals.
- Will act as a technical contact as needed, for any ongoing engineering support tasks.
- Will participate in recurring cross-departmental meetings in order to update other teams of the current status, as well as re-organize priorities based on Manufacturing and Sales commitments.
- Will be responsible for maintaining team tasks assignments, as well as making sure all activities are properly recorded and closed.
- Will work with Quality and Production floor leads and Managers to review ongoing failure root causes and help evaluate possible trends on failure modes.
- Will be the main liaison between Manufacturing and Engineering teams when it comes to manufacturing support, DVT, Debug, and board bring up activities.
- Management duties include but are not limited to recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees while accomplishing department objectives. Responsible for corrective action as needed.
Qualifications of Hardware Engineering Manager
- B.S.E.E with 8+ years of experience, including leading engineering teams.
- You can either be an established manager or a lead engineer ready to take a step up.
- Experience in a quick turn project environment.
- Complete understanding of digital and analog circuit design and theories, from experience doing hands-on development.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $140,000-160,000/year, depending on experience
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
Location: Henderson, NV
Travel: Overseas travel once a year
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only