Design Engineers contribute to the successful completion of projects by utilizing design experience to accomplish technical engineering task work and deliver customer solutions. The Design Engineer Level 3 should rely on?their experience and judgement?to plan and accomplish?goals; and is a critical thinker and problem solver, capable of developing electrical diagrams with varying levels of efficiency and elegance, while being able to locate and correct mistakes found in electrical diagrams. This role works under?minimal supervision.
- Direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for design, planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within an assignment.
- Analyze engineering schematics, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Produce accurate and thoroughly self-verified electrical device and panel layouts; motor, control, I/O schematics and bill of materials.
- Review design for compliance with engineering specs, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Provide project support to the field engineers, project managers, purchasing and panel fabricators.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Communicate with the project team regarding task completion status.
- Designs and develops detailed layouts for electrical circuits, systems for power distribution, industrial control panels and?industrial network architectures?from examples and experience.
- Interfaces with customers on an extensive basis for support to internal and external customers such as installation and commissioning support to design modifications needed to support project needs.
- May direct and lead the work of others to oversee production of detailed schematics.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Combination of office and job site settings
- Collaborative, engaging and success driven culture
- Some travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time when in office
- Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time when at a jobsite
- Climbing may be required when working at a jobsite
- Repetitive typing/data entry
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
This position offers a flexible work schedule. General office hours are M-F, 7a-4p or 8a-5p. Working hours will vary when working at a job site to meet the requirements as needed.er responsibilities as needed.