Why move to Huntsville Alabama?
Huntsville is actually one of the nation’s most educated cities according to Wallet Hub. It was also ranked as the #7 Best Place to Live in U.S. by U.S. News and World Report. And Trulia has recently named Huntsville as the “Top place to live” in America’s new tech hubs.
• Low cost of living
• Jobs- lots of big companies are moving operations to Huntsville
• Location- close to several major cities including Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta. Its also close to Gulf Coast Beaches!
• People- Huntsville is a melting pot of people from all over. Huntsville also continues to be ranked as the smartest city in Alabama by multiple publications as well.
• Space Exploration – the New Age of Aerospace is located in Huntsville, Alabama.
• Food- There are many great restaurants!
• Outdoors- Huntsville is located in the Tennessee Valley which has some of the most amazing views you can imagine. The city is surrounded by mountains and rolling hills and has homes available with these views as well as many free walking and hiking trails.
• No real traffic
• Schools – Forbes recently ranked Huntsville as one of the Top 25 most educated cities in America. Thanks to the educational demands of the aerospace and engineering jobs that dominate our cities economy, a little over 38% of its citizens have a bachelor’s degree. The school system in Hunsville is one of the premier school districts in the state of Alabama.
• Huntsville is Hip- The craft beer scene in Huntsville has exploded in the last few years. Maybe the hippest place in all of Huntsville is Lowe Mill. Lowe Mill is the largest privately owned arts facility in the U.S.
• Sports- When moving to Alabama the first thing you must decide is whether you are going to cheer for Alabama or Auburn. Huntsville we have collegiate Division I and II sports with the Alabama A&M Bulldogs and the UAH Chargers. Huntsville also has a very popular minor league hockey team called the Huntsville Havoc. Recently Major League Baseball announced a new minor league baseball team called the Rocket City Trash Pandas which will begin playing in a brand new stadium in town.
Huntsville Population – 194,585
Metro Population – 455,458
Median Home Value – $159,800
Average Annual Salary – $52,960