The General Manager will lead one of our premier corrugated packaging facilities. Reporting to the Business Unit General Manager, this role has full responsibility for the performance and profitability of the 317,000 square foot plant located in Richmond, VA. This includes managing and focusing on measures associated with safety, quality, cost, productivity, and strategic expansion by increasing local and regional sales.
How you will impact:
· Maintain the plant’s profitability and ensure all safety and quality requirements are met
· Develop and implement business plans that align with company goals and overall strategic vision
· Build a high performing team and work collaboratively to drive change initiatives within the organization
· Drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives tied to the strategic business direction
· Build partnerships with your Corporate Sales Managers to identify Business Unit growth opportunities and maintain relationships with key accounts
· Oversee sales and production of a multi-plant division to meet short-term and long-term divisional objectives to achieve optimum efficiency
· Build effective alliances with other Business Units, Sales, Logistics, Production, Safety and Quality Managers to better serve customers that cross multiple business units
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
· 7-10 years of progressive management experience in the industry, along with proven experience with budget and financial management
· Minimum 7 years of Manufacturing/Operations experience – Required.
· Proven track record of goal setting, achievement, and demonstrated ability to build, lead, and motivate diverse teams.
· Ability to initiate projects in pursuit of greater profitability, anticipate potential problems and address them early.
· Ability to facilitate development of others’ knowledge and skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of capital management (P&L and capital budgets) and analyzing financial data
· Must possess excellent strategic planning and analytical skills
· Ability to operate with the customers’ best interest in mind
· Ability to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
· Communicate effectively with the ability to adjust communication style based on audience
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
· Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.