Job Title: Gastroenterologist
Location: Powell, TN
Salary: This opportunity offers a competitive salary based on MGMA guidelines and an incentive bonus based on WRUVs. In addition, a commencement/signing bonus, medical education debt assistance, relocation expenses, CME, licensure, dues, subscriptions, vacation, health, dental, and vision benefits, and mid-level supervision compensation are all included.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced or new Gastroenterologist to join our team in Powell, TN. The clinic is located adjacent to Tennova and offers a strong primary care base, high quality surgical support, and a strong Cancer Center. The successful candidate will provide coverage at NKMC, with no travel from hospital to hospital or clinic to clinic, and will have the option of performing TIPS (Shunt) with Interventional Radiology. Our two endoscopy suites are equipped with EMRs Athena (Clinic), Cerner (Hospital) & Provation (GI), DaVinci Robotics, and dedicated anesthesia support. The ideal candidate will have experience with ERCP and EUS and will be responsible for 50% clinic and 50% procedures, with approximately 15% Hepatology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose, treat, and manage patients with Gastroenterology related issues
• Provide comprehensive care, including endoscopic procedures, to patients of all ages
• Utilize EMRs Athena (Clinic), Cerner (Hospital) & Provation (GI)
• Participate in treatment planning
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals
• MD/DO or equivalent degree
• Board Certified/Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
• Active, non-probationary medical license
• DEA and NPI numbers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team
Experience and Skills:
• Experience with ERCP and EUS, preferred
• Understanding of and experience with DaVinci Robotics
• Ability to perform endoscopic procedures
• Knowledge of current evidence-based medicine
• Ability to prioritize tasks
Why Join Us: Our team is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare. As a member of our team, you will have access to the latest technology, dedicated support staff, and a strong primary care base. You will join a team of experienced professionals that are passionate about providing patient-centered care. We strive to build a supportive and collaborative working environment where you can advance your career.