BILINGUAL SPANISH HIGJLY DESIRED
The Freezer-Operations Supervisor’s role is to assist and support the Operations Department – by overseeing the day-to-day activities of the warehouse.
· Establishes and modifies daily work schedules considering warehouse needs.
· Coordinates job activities and tasks of direct reports on a daily and/or extended basis, in addition to the timing and location of those tasks.
· Oversees the daily receiving of product and/or oversees the daily selection and shipping of product to stores.
· Monitors processes for inbound and outbound deliveries to ensure compliance with established guidelines.
· Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
· Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
· Models the company strategy, as well as communicates the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
· Interacts effectively with peers through ongoing communication and exchange of information and operates in accordance with shared warehouse management objectives.
· Collaborates with other divisional operational areas and communicates relevant information allowing them to fulfill their duties.
· Communicates with District Managers and store management as appropriate.
· Provides input and recommendations to the Warehouse Operations Manager regarding changes to improve the operation.
· Monitors all companies providing service within the warehouse to ensure acceptable performance.
· Ensures communication with the in-house carrier of daily schedule changes and needs.
· Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs management regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
· Recommend personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
· Addresses warehouse issues, escalates and/or refers concerns to peers, 3rd parties, or other management as appropriate; consistently upholds established standards to ensure equitable treatment of warehouse personnel.
· Oversees the activities of warehouse personnel, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of day-to-day operations.
· Leads, plans and facilitates regularly scheduled Warehouse Associate meetings.
· Trains and develops direct reports to achieve their maximum professional potential to retain a motivated and productive workforce.
· Observes and evaluates employees’ work performance; provides feedback and coaching as appropriate, including completion of annual performance review.
· Supervises the timely, accurate and efficient storage of product, supplies and equipment.
· Supervises warehouse teams to ensure compliance with food safety, sanitation, maintenance and operational safety guidelines and procedures.
· Oversees warehouse personnel to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
· Monitors and manages controllable expenses; provides appropriate inventory and efficiency results and makes employee payroll adjustments as necessary.
· Ensures a safe environment by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining equipment in proper working order.
· Manages direct reports to ensure they comply with established policies and procedures, including but not limited to those outlined in the Employee Handbook, Procedures Manuals.
· Other duties as assigned.