We are Recruiting on Purpose, Our Jacksonville Office is hiring a Forensic Structural Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Forensic Structural Engineer in the Jacksonville area. Working remotely from your home office, you will investigate and evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, accidents, and other types of catastrophes.
- P.E. or S.E. licensure in FL is strongly preferred, however we will consider a talented E.I.T. who is planning to sit for the P.E. exam. (College transcripts will be required from E.I.T.s)
- 2+ years of on-the-job structural engineering experience is required. (College internships may count toward this requirement.)
- Some forensic engineering experience is a huge plus.
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, including working in confined spaces and on roofs. Carrying ladders and operating other equipment are essential functions of the job.
- The ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as needed by vehicle or by plane.
- Must be able to work independently and with a cross-functional team of experts.
- Strong technical writing skills are required; the ability to write effective reports is critical.
- Strong verbal communication skills are necessary; you should be an effective communicator in face-to-face interactions.
- The ability to provide the utmost in customer service to our clients is a must.
- Technical proficiency with computers, phones, cameras, etc.
- No active non-compete.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship or any restrictions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is required. A Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering is highly desirable.