Food Safety and Quality Manager
The Food Safety and Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing the safety and quality of food products produced by the company. This role involves assessing all relevant food safety regulations and standards, developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive food safety program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The manager will also be responsible for monitoring the production process to ensure that all materials are of a safe and high-quality.
The Food Safety and Quality Manager will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of food safety laws, regulations and standards, as well as food safety auditing processes. This position requires strong leadership skills for developing and training staff on food safety processes and procedures. The manager must also effectively communicate with senior management to ensure that the company’s food safety and quality program is running smoothly.
– Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive food safety program for the entire organization
– Monitor production processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices
– Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant food safety laws, regulations and standards
– Identify areas of risk within the production process and ensure corrective actions are taken
– Oversee audit processes to identify weaknesses in quality systems
– Develop training programs for staff on food safety topics
– Coordinate with other departments, such as research & development, to ensure that products meet the highest standards of safety and quality
– Maintain accurate records on food safety and quality related activities
– Communicate with senior management to ensure that the food safety and quality program is effectively implemented
– Collaborate with third party organizations, such as government agencies, to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
Skills & Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in food science, food safety or related field
– 5+ years of experience in a quality assurance role with a focus on food safety
– In-depth knowledge of relevant food safety laws, regulations and standards
– Experience developing and maintaining quality management systems
– Strong leadership skills for developing and training staff on food safety topics
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced food safety professional to join a growing organization. If you have the necessary skills, please apply today!