We have been engaged to find a Food Production Engineer with experience in food processing and formula development for niche food and nutritional products.
Work Location: this is a hybrid role of 2 days in the office and 3 days remote. There is flexibility to which days if the work schedule aligns with pilot plant operational times for testing and reporting.
Food Production Engineer duties:
- Lead the process and formula development of sole-source nutritional solutions that deliver against specified nutrient, ingredient, quality & cost requirements through pilot plant and manufacturing tests
- Validate product and process performance through coordination & interpretation of product analytical, biological, palatability, sensory, and stability testing
- Partner with manufacturing colleagues to optimize product and process development
- Development of ingredient, finished product specifications, process specifications, and other project documentation
- Budgets and tracks project costs for initiatives
- Ongoing quality, safety, and related training
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Food Production Engineer qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Nutrition, or related fields is a plus
- 3+ years of complete nutrition pet food process and formulation experience
- Demonstrated understanding of process and formula development and basic food engineering principles for wet and extruded foods
- Possesses basic understanding in regulatory, product safety and quality requirements relevant to functional responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and run scientific experiments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; ability to communicate and lead in a cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, Engineer, Pet Food, Extrusion
Job Code: j-694