Fleet Load Planner | Missoula, Montana OR Portland, Oregon | $60k – $85k
The Fleet Planner is responsible for coordinating freight and capacity in a defined geographic area to maximize profit. This position works closely with our Customer Service and Sales team to maintain load volumes based on network commitments. The Planner is designed to be focused on equipment productivity, maximizing efficiencies for our drivers and customers.
- Plan all inbound trucks and outbound freight 24-72 hours, balancing driver, and customer needs within a defined geographic region.
- Maintain revenue goals on the local fleet.
- Manage trailer assets to maximize customer trailer pools and minimize any inactive assets.
- Review customer freight commitments daily to ensure volumes are rendered as expected.
- Reach out to customers to gain additional capacity.
- Make determinations to accept or deny additional freight requests based on capacity, cost, and revenue.
- Work with Area Managers to provide additional customer solutions.
- Cross-train with CSRs to backfill or assist in meeting customer and workload demands.
- Manage information accuracy of system data and ensure proper billing information is entered.
- Participate in weekend coverage rotation for the region.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3 Years’ experience in a logistics/transportation, Required