Growing Chicago based bank with 45 Billion in Assets is looking to add a new position due to growth.
The Reporting Financial Analyst is an essential, high profile position within the Corporate Controller’s Group at the Company. Primarily responsible for the preparation of Company wide financial statements and SEC filings in a timely manner and for researching and analyzing financial data to complete the various Company-wide reports. This position reports to the Corporate Vice President – Reporting and will also work directly with senior management of the Company, including the Senior Vice President – Reporting and the Corporate Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing public filings such as Form 10-Q, 10-K, Annual Report and quarterly earnings releases
- Preparing and reviewing monthly internal financial statements for the Company and its subsidiaries
- Communicate with and assist external and internal audit teams with financial reporting disclosure requests
- Support the Corporate Controller’s Group in establishing and maintaining Company accounting and financial reporting procedures
- Participating in special projects as assigned by the SVP – Reporting or VP – Reporting related to accounting and financial reporting matters.
0-2 years experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
Attention to detail and ability to perform diligent, analytical, and meticulous financial analysis
Superior written and verbal communication skills
Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
Experience preparing SEC filings or similar quarterly/annual reports a plus, but not required
Understanding of processes/accounting related to banking/financial services a plus, but not required
Public accounting experience a plus, but not required