A leading innovator for industrial packaging equipment that supplies & services multiple industries such as the food industry, medical/pharmaceuticals, cannabis, hardware, and poultry.
As a Field Service Technician you are a part of our outstanding technical department that not only services companies onsite, but also able to provide phone and remote access support when needed. This position will require the individual to help setup, dial in, program, and perform F.A.T’s (Factory Acceptance Testing) when the project requires it. Acting as a first line response to customers you will communicate in an open, helpful, and engaging manner with your focus being troubleshooting and finding the right solution for each customer. This position requires traveling domestically as well as internationally to customer locations for commissioning & installations and will require availability in the event an emergency should come up. You will be required to possess a valid passport.
- Setting up, fine tuning, programming additional logic, and performing F.A.T’s on each new project.
- Responding to customers service calls & maintenance promptly and effectively.
- Automating & integrating industrial packaging machinery that includes,
- VFFS & HFFS Baggers (Vertical form Fill and Seal & Horizontal Form Fill and Seal)
- Scales Systems
- Check-Weighing Systems
- Metal Detection
- X-Ray Detection
- In-Line Conveyor Systems
- Print Systems
- Conveying systems
- Performing maintenance repairs, system overhauls, and troubleshooting on existing equipment.
- Capturing customer information to complete invoicing.
- Logging all customer calls & activity, and tracking all expenses incurred in the delivery of the service.
- Identifying and pointing out to customers new technologies to improve their process.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Either a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/ mechanical technology engineering, 2-year robotic degree with minimum 5-years’ experience, or certifications of likewise attributes for those receiving training from military service.
- Minimum 3-year experience.
- Fundamental understanding of relay control logic, PLC’s, and HMI’s.
- Able to work independently and available for travel.
- Able to read schematics.