· Perform system integration and installation of products and associated OEM equipment to meet customer performance requirements.
· Provide project oversight from equipment installation through performance acceptance.
· Instruct customer’s team members in the safe operation and maintenance of products.
· Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
· Communicate information regarding changes made to customer equipment to appropriate internal departments technical documentation updates (manuals, drawings, old program files, documentation, and in-house training program.)
· Assist with generating and/or updating technical documentation.
· Fit and assemble components according to specifications and verify conformance of parts.
· Set-up, repair, and operate machine to verify functionality, machine capability, and performance.
· Provide remote technical service to customers.
· Service reports are to be completed fully, accurately and clearly upon the completion of each visit. Review the information on the service report with the customer for accuracy and acceptance
· Completed and signed service reports, expense reports, and time sheets must be submitted weekly
· It is the Field Service Technician’s responsibility to inform the customer immediately if you find the equipment to be in an unsafe condition or being operated in an unsafe manner. You are to issue a written health and safety warning to the customer describing the unsafe condition or unsafe act with a copy supplied to the Technical Service Manager, Operations Manager, and Technical Services Coordinator for placement in the customer file.
· Associates degree (or equivalent) in Mechatronics or a related field.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical field service or applications engineering, and/or equivalent Military education and experience servicing electrical equipment.
· Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
· Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
· Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
· Self-motivated, innovative thinker who is results driven and action-oriented.
· Analytical thinking with root-cause problem solving ability.
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to advance multiple projects concurrently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Operates with efficiency and sense of urgency.
· Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments with ability to deliver results.
· Demonstrated understanding that customers determine our success.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’slicense.
· Must be able to secure a passport and willing to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
· Must be capable of standing for extended periods – up to 12 hours per day.
· Must be capable of working in cold environments (35-40 degrees Fahrenheit) and hot environments (90-100 degrees Fahrenheit), depending on the conditions in the customer’s facility
· Must be capable of extensive (80%+) overnight travel and be able to travel by air
· Must be able to climb heights, in and out of machines and lift up to 50lbs; able to work in varied customer plant conditions (cold, hot, damp, dusty, high noise level, contact with food and non-food products).