We are a super high growth distributor in the science, research, and healthcare space who makes laboratory equipment.
- We have thrived during Covid as the sterilization, healthcare, cannabis and educational research sectors that we serve have grown during the pandemic.
- State of the art brand new office and service facility
- This role will have planned growth from lead to supervisor and to manager levels. This role works with 3 other service techs and reports to the Director of Sterilization.
- Additional bonus opportunity on top of the hourly rate
- Benefits are A+ with medical,dental, vision, 401K with match plus generous PTO package.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to deliver on-site service. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Managing all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions and parts needed to fix the problem.
- Troubleshoot errors and technical issues over the phone.
- 80% Travel US East Coast
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and parts needed to fix the problem.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Follow all company procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Ensuring customer’s service needs are quickly and efficiently met to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Build positive relationships with customers and promote products.
- Proven field service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service laboratory equipment including autoclaves, rotary evaporators, and other products.
- Ability to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Familiarity with electronics, electronic testing equipment, plumbing, mechanical equipment, and hand tools.
- Technical degree or certification
- Travel Mon-Fri up to 80%, covering the U.S East Coast so overnight stays required.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgement. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — The ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with customers, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive solutions oriented attitude.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.