Reports to: Service Managers
Date: last time description was updated
Summary/objective: The role of the Field Service Technician is to inspect, diagnose, adjust, and repair packaging machines. Perform maintenance on machines including resolving mechanical and electrical malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment in the
- Interpret mechanical drawings, specifications, electrical schematics and wiring
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on services
- Effectively explain and train on function of equipment to
- Work constructively with
- Valid driver’s license with good driving
- Be within 1 hour of a major
- Basic hand tools List is attached.
- Interpersonal skills Proficient in written and oral communication.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Mostly indoor plant environment along with a moderate office environment. Noise level moderate with machines running.
Physical demands: Able to sit, stand, walk throughout the scheduled work shift. Able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
Travel: Up to 90% travel, may include nights and weekends.
Requirements, education, and experience:
- Previous experience with food packaging PLC knowledge ideal but not required.
- 3-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an electromechanical field.