Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of analytical instrumentation used in R&D Laboratories. Due to continuing growth they are adding a new Field Service Engineer to be based in the New Orleans area. The Field Service Engineer provides on-site service including preventative maintenance, calibration, installation, and training across all product lines for the Gulf Coast Region. Sign on bonus available for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- This position will be based in or near the New Orleans area but will also conduct supplemental travel into other territories on a regular basis.
- Duties include the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of instruments in the assigned region.
- Managing inventory and reporting for accuracy.
- Must be able to complete administrative tasks associated with field service.
- This position requires 50% up to 75% overnight travel
- The preferred candidate will possess 2 years’ experience in the calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of complex electronic instruments.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service skills are a must for this position.
- Direct experience in the analytical instruments field is a plus.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that is capable of completing assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- The ability to work with electronic schematics, test equipment, and tools for repairs is required.
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required.
- Associates degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related field is required.
What the company offers:
- Our client offers $28.00 – $31.00 hourly salary, monthly car allowance/mileage reimbursement, full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.