We are seeking a hands-on, technology savvy Field Service Engineer to lead new automated capital equipment installations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and system upgrades of high-end food packaging equipment systems at a variety of food manufacturing locations throughout North America. This role includes end-to-end project management responsibilities for coordination with OEM suppliers, project planning, installation, startup, customer integration, and ongoing service/support of advanced automated packaging equipment. Occasional global travel may be required to collaborate with international suppliers. You will operate from a home office anywhere in the US, but must be comfortable with up to 75% overnight travel.
NOTE: German language skills are required.
Essential Job Functions include:
▪ Manage variety of automated packaging equipment projects on schedule and within budget.
▪ Maintain organization of the project scope of supply to ensure deliverables meet customer expectations through internal and external customer meetings.
▪ Establish and implement best practices for equipment system installations and maintenance SOPs.
▪ Ensure proper implementation of all software and hardware changes necessitated by product changes, new machines or technology.
▪ Provide onsite system training for plant maintenance and operations personnel.
▪ Assist Sales and Product Development teams in acquiring new projects and service contracts.
▪ Collaborate with engineering team on design modifications.
▪ Travel to food manufacturing plants and remain onsite for up to 1-3 weeks at a time to support equipment commissioning process.
▪ Associates degree or higher in Electro-mechanical Engineering or related technical field
▪ 3-5+ years’ experience with electro-mechanical equipment installation, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and/or field service and repair of automated capital equipment systems.
▪ Ability to troubleshoot and program PLS and PLC systems is required; experience with Allen Bradley or Elau-Schneider Electric is a plus.
▪ Knowledge or exposure to AutoCAD software is a plus.
▪ Experience writing technical reports.
▪ Expertise in organizing information, analyzing it, and applying effective problem solving and installation planning techniques.
▪ Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% overnight, including occasional international travel.
▪ High competency and proficiency with MS Office products.
▪ Conversational German language skills are required.
▪ Valid passport and driver’s license with good driving record.
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary commensurate with experience, variable bonus incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package. The candidate may live anywhere in the US. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.