Our client is expanding and adding a Field Service Engineer (FSE) for the Detroit, MI area. The FSE will perform a variety of routine technical service tasks on electronic systems, interface with customers primarily onsite and by phone.
- Service a wide variety of routine electronic and/or mechanical instruments and sub-assemblies; perform electronic repairs to the board level, and to the component level when required; perform optical and electronic calibrations on recently repaired instruments.
- Perform repairs and calibrations at customer sites (automotive mainly).
- Recognize and document calibration sales opportunities for referral to sales team.
- Help customers by phone in basic troubleshooting of their instrumentation and provide part numbers to customers as requested; issue return authorization numbers to customers as requested
- Follow up with customers after completing repairs to promote service contracts and service business.
- Document all service-related activities in SAP and/or Salesforce.com
- Successful completion of courses in basic and advanced electronics theory or equivalent
- Electronics or technical certification preferred
- At least one (1) year experience in a similar service technician role required
- Familiarity with 17025 standards preferred
- Experience with basic test equipment (i.e., Digital Voltmeter/DVM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper soldering technique
- Mechanical-assembly experience required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; excellent customer service and interface abilities
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word & Excel required
- SAP & Salesforce.com knowledge desirable
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis
- At least 50% overnight travel required
- Valid driver’s license required; (eligible for) valid US passport
- Must have reliable transportation; must be able to transport bulky/heavy equipment to/from airport
The company offers a generous hourly salary (plus overtime) and bonus, car allowance and benefits package.