Field Service Engineer
Technical Field Service for the Installation, Repair, Upgrade, and Technical Support of Company Metrology X-ray line of products. Travel throughout North America and possible limited travel to Central and South America.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Field Service and Installation
- Provide On-site and In-house Technical Product Service (Installation, Preventive Maintenance, Repairs, Upgrades, Calibrations, etc.) for Company Metrology X-ray product line.
- Support of equipment at customer location or via telephone/ e-mail.
- Troubleshoot system failures/errors and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Responsible for the return of parts and tools from site upon completion of work.
- Maintain assigned service equipment and tools.
- Represent Company in a professional manner at customer sites.
- Provide extended support to Company Dealers, Sales Personal and fellow Field Service Engineers.
- Utilizes an effective follow-up system to support repeat service business.
- Assist sales with set-up and teardown of equipment for trade shows.
- Support the technical sales of new products or services.
- Prepare service quotations as requested.
- Promote service contracts and other service offerings to customers.
- Perform product training as necessary.
- Be able to improve existing and develop new procedures that will enhance the efficiency of the department.
- 4 Year Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related service field.
- Experience on complex capital equipment with related subsystems such as vacuum, manipulators, High Voltage systems, general mechanical, and PC’s.
- Ability to demonstrate board level faultfinding.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and write Spanish.
- Functional competencies
- Ability to effectively perform job duties under pressure while maintaining quality and professionalism at all times.
- Proven electrical and mechanical skills in x-ray service or a related field.
- Ability to integrate and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
- Basic MS Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use tools of the trade such as Multimeter, Oscilloscope, soldering iron, basic hand tools, etc.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings.
- Core competencies
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Maintain active communication with customer before, during and after site visits
- Open to new innovative ideas, processes and technology.
Seek new knowledge:
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Read industry periodicals and service manuals to familiarize yourself with product
- Identify areas of improvement for department.
- Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others
- Active listening skills
- Tailor reports and communications appropriately to ensure delivery of your message.
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Treat others with respect
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
- Avoid stereotypes and prejudices
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to access tight spaces as required such as inside the cabinet.
- 80%+ travel, domestic and limited international