Troubleshoot, test, and inspect electrical apparatus. Perform as “lead” person on projects. Perform other assignments as required. Position requires some technical supervision.
· Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
· Troubleshooting capabilities, simple relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class.
· Test and troubleshoot moderately complex electrical systems, simple relay systems and power metering.
· May perform simple power system studies including short circuit and protective device coordination.
· Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
· May perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
· Take an active role in business development and expansion.
· Perform all functions pertaining to a written job proposal to a client, including estimate of man-hours and expenses, and development of scope and pricing and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
· Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and no experience. OR Graduate of applicable
· Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and three years minimum same or similar
· work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and four years minimum same
· or similar work experience.
· Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
· Passed NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam.
· Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear testing through the 15 kV class.
· Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems.
· Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
· Good judgment, dependable, supervises projects with technical expertise and good business management skills.
· Strong computer skills including editing, formatting, and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research, and operation of computer-controlled test equipment.
· Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work. Must be available for out of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell.
· Frequently required to sit, climb, and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
· Valid Driver’s License.
We offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability.