The Field Engineer is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standard, assist project staff and superintendents to ensure assigned craft(s) work is planned, estimated, understood and well documented.
• Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
• Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
• Interface with all on-site departments as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality construction, in order to support overall project schedule.
• Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
• Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
• May supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
• Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
· 2-5+ year’s construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.