The purpose of this position is to perform software programming and electrical debugging activities
specifically related to the Customer Service sector of the business while in the field at customer site. In
direct collaboration with the Service and Retrofits teams, this position is responsible for ensuring that all
customers receive the highest degree of software programming support.
• Support FAT, installation, commissioning of new automated packaging systems
o Thorough and well demonstrated knowledge of Allen Bradley (MicroLogix, ControlLogix) motion
control platforms, Factory Talk HMI management. Siemens PLC controls is a plus.
o Prepares Ladder logic design patches for projects in installation/commissioning phase
• Support customers by providing advice on electrical/programming matters
• Provides programming and electrical support for the setup and testing of all ancillary equipment (laser
printers, bowl feeders, etc.)
• Loads program into PLC and performs advanced programming tasks on standard components
• Mark–up / Update schematics as required during debugging and commissioning.
• Debugs and Test machines to fulfill intended machine function specified by project
• Supports the Project Managers and Operations managers during project execution in order to minimize
time and cost impact of design modifications during debugging.
• Adhere to all established work instructions and the Employee Handbook
• Complete adherence to the company safety rules on the floor and when visiting customers
• Preparing AE and Rental machines for the debugging phase and FAT phase
o Power the machines up after wiring
o Checks electrical wiring, verifies I/O’s are properly wired.
o Debugs electrical circuits ensuring they perform according to design
▪ Works with the wiring team in solving any wiring issues
▪ Tests all circuits and approve machine for debugging
o Setups all servos, VFDs, and any other
o Provides programming support during customer’s FAT
• Contribute to our company Electrical Standards. Proposes ideas for improving team efficiency.
• Keeps current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment
system design and operation.
• Support team development and continous improvement
DESIRED BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCES:
– Behaves ethically — Ensures own behavior and team members’ behavior is consistent with our company
Langen standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
– Impact and influence — works effectively with and through others including where no formal
– Achievement Motivation — results oriented. Sets high standards and objectives
– Communicate Effectively— Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
– Negotiating – presents positions in a reasoned manner, seeks win–win outcomes but understands
when to say no.
– Team Leadership — effective at building support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of
team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision.
– Decision–making — Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make
clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
– Organize— Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track
– Problem Solving— Assesses problematic situations to identify causes, gather and process
relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations.
– Hands–on approach, ready to “roll–up his/her sleeves” and stay close to the action.
o Hearing acuity required for safety reasons while on the assembly floor
o exposure to high noise from machines operating nearby during visits to the assembly floor
• Depending on the circumstances work is done while sitting down (office work) or standing up
(debugging on assembly floor)
• May be required to work with computer for prolonged periods of time and sometimes maybe
required to work with hand tools assisting other service engineers.
• Organized, self–disciplined and professional in demeanor.
• Able to travel (overnight) up to 80% of the time. Dependent on location within USA and business
• Must have a valid passport
o Must be able to travel to the USA and overseas without restrictions
• Must have a valid driver’s license without restrictions
• Must be able to rent a car in any country without restrictions
• Four to six month training period with interaction at company site factories. 2–3 weeks in Mississauga, 4–
6 weeks in Wijchen, NL.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Occasional Long working hours may be necessary on occasion to comply with deadlines (internal and
• This position requires the employee to attend work properly groomed and dressed according to the
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5–7 years’ experience in the field of electrical automation/industrial machinery. Experience in
Packaging/Automation Machinery is required.
• Good working knowledge AutoCAD Electrical.
• Good working knowledge of current safety standards, including Control Reliable design.
• Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• A strong command of the English language.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills