What’s In It For You?
- Late-stage startup company that is poised to bring a brand-new technology to market within the next 2-4 years; you can be a part of that and also reap the rewards of being involved early-on. They are in the early stages of a project to bring their product to full-scale and this role will be integrally involved with that project and with the scale-up of the technology
- I’ve placed three engineers here, all of them love it there – they talk about how they are given the opportunity to make a difference and how they feel like they are important to the team.
- Southern California living: mountains, ocean, major airports and summer weather, all year round
- Competitive compensation: $110K-$135K base, equity share program, medical/dental insurance. They don’t currently have a 401K match but are working towards that – bonuses are discretionary
This is a 10+ year old start-up company that is challenging a well-entrenched industry with a new technology and new product that is starting to make waves. The product they produce is cost-competitive with the traditional product and is carbon-negative. Some of the biggest names in venture-capital are backing this company and believe they can scale-up from commercial demonstration scale to full-scale.
This role will focus on extrusion, compounding, solids handling and powder handling both from a scale-up standpoint, as well as from an equipment standpoint, working with vendors to cost-out, specify and design equipment for a new, full-scale manufacturing facility. This person will also work with the existing commercial demonstration plant to do process optimization and/or improvements.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of post-college, industry experience out of resins or polymers manufacturing with solids/powders handling experience and either extrusion or compounding experience
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience with technology scale-up would be a huge plus, but is not required