At Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an Estimator to join our Southern Region Team. This position is responsible for the development of accurate and timely estimates for both private and public works projects.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, soils reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Oversee the good faith effort process and communicate the DBE requirements to the estimating team.
- Coordinate bid preparation requirements with the Contract Administrator.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to Chief Estimator and Division Manager.
- Track work history.
- Coordinate pre-bid RFI’s prior to specification cutoff date.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete take off of scope of work.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
- Monitor post bid submission dates towards contract procurement
- Ensure proper project handoff if project is taken over by another PM/Team.
- Coordinate scope of work with other Division and subcontractors.
- Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Draft subcontract agreements and coordinate subcontract and purchase order administration.
- Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, monitoring progress, cost/budget, revenue, etc.
- Mentor and manage Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned.
- Take an active role in managing Owner relations/business development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Minimum 3 years of Structures or Earthwork estimating for heavy civil projects. (Highway, Rail, Underground, Paving, Materials Manufacturing, Bridge and Airport infrastructure)
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- Proficient in understanding staging/phasing and project scope.
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Develop a thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required.
- Must master Bid2Win Estimating software.
- Must master Blue Beam, Agtek, and Sketch up.
- Must master the process of reading plans and specifications
- Must master the process of doing takeoffs.
- Must have an understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead
- Must master Primavera P6, SureTrak, MS Project
- Must be familiar with Contract Accounting
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other requirements may apply.
- Collaboration Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Analysis/Solution Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Applied Mathematical Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at jobsites.
- Must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Annual Salary Range: $75,000 – $95,000.
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Company is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.