Job Title: ERP Analyst
FLSA: Salaried Exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations
The ERP Analyst is responsible for the technical implementation of the QAD system/modules as well as execute installation, upgrades, testing, and system configuration during implementation projects. The role will partner with Operations and Finance to analyze and verify operational needs, and to understand business objectives and goals. The analyst should possess and maintain a high level of product and company specific business knowledge by remaining current with emerging product and technical updates.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program and ensure the system is meeting corporate needs.
- Gather business requirements as needed.
- Define business, financial and operations requirements and system goals working with decision makers and end users.
- Work with various leadership teams and multiple business units across the company to identify, prioritize, implement, and train on business processes.
- Customize and configure workflow to allow the integration of our clients system with third party system.
- Understand manufacturing and shipping processes and recommend changes to improve efficiency as required.
- Address day to day QAD questions from QAD users
- Identify and resolve systems issues using ERP solutions.
- Assist users in resolving problems and answer questions with minimal supervision
- Work on creating custom browses, data uploads, create operations and financial dashboards
- Conduct software testing including functional, regression, and user acceptance to ensure the business requirements are met.
- Conduct in-depth tests for modified and new systems or applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software issues (work with software vendors to resolve where applicable).
- Performing upgrades, migrations, and new installations of supported applications.
- Maintaining software product guides, job aids and documentation for training.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- General understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing concepts.
- Solid understanding of highly regulated companies/industries (i.e. med device/ life science/aerospace).
- Excellent communication, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think quickly and clearly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to train and lead team members.
- Experience working with engineers and Operations employees at all levels.
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of high tech or med device industries.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, processes, and procedures, as well the willingness to adapt.
- Solid project management, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively address and solve complex problems.
- Ability to travel up to 20%. Able to support weekend or night issue resolution, cutover, and/or upgrade activities.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- Experience with QAD is preferred but may have worked on SAP, Netsuite, Navision, Oracle, or other complex ERP systems
- Experience with SQL, Progress 4G and support with implementing ERP updates.
- Working with Class II or Class III medical devices.
- Working in a fast paced, multitasking environment.
- 2-4 years’ experience in application configuration, deployment, and support
- 3-5 years implementing manufacturing or operation systems is preferred
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance and merit based pay, our client offers competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and Employer paid benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).