The Ergonomic Coord. will lead /participate in evaluating ergonomic standards in the work environment including process and equipment. The Ergonomics Coordinator leads and supports Health, Safety and Ergonomic opportunities resulting in a workplace that is focused on safety, quality and productivity. The HS Coordinator will drive and implement the company safety programs at “Our Client” The Ergonomic Coordinator’s responsibility is to identify ergonomic opportunities in the design phase of new equipment and manufacturing processes. The Ergonomic Coord. will work in a cross functional team with vendors, contractors, and Magna/KAMTEK employees to support safety and ergonomic programs, continuous improvement opportunities and compliance of all Corporate, Federal, State and local regulations.
- emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Conduct job-based Physical Demand Analysis (PDA) and Muscular
- Skeletal Disorders (MSD) to determine ergonomic opportunities for improvement.
- Lead role in identifying ergonomically related issues with equipment and processes at the design, implementation and operational stages.
- Support Engineering, Press and Assembly Teams through proactive design analysis and ergonomic recommendations of new and current processes/equipment.
- Ensure compliance in all Ergonomics areas of the Magna Health and Safety Audit.
- Lead role in ensuring compliance of all federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide training and suggestions to enhance safety at KAMTEK.
- Identify and utilize appropriate software needed to analyze ergonomic design.
- Conduct workplace risk assessments on existing equipment and work processes (for both production and office workstations) using PDA and MDS tools that identify ergonomic changes.
- Analyze impact and return on investment for recommended ergonomic changes or recommendations.
Lead role in supporting and developing the Ergonomics Team
- Adhere to rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures;
- Must have good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have extensive knowledge of the OSHA and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of Ergo Analysis Software
- Knowledge of anthropomentrics, as well as various ergonomic methods e.g. Snook/Mital, RULA, ERA, biomechanical modeling software, NIOSH eq’n, Moore-Garg Strain Index, Energy Expenditure, etc.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of risk assessment, design analysis, and injury cost analysis
- Computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office applications
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required, Basic working knowledge of Ergonomics, Occupational Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, or Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience
WHAT TYPES? Experience with Ergonomics engineering in a manufacturing environment; preferably heavy manufacturing
HOW MUCH? 2 years